Casting Call for Feature Film adaptation of Hamlet
Paid Gig - to be determined, small but something.
Auditions to be held in the next few weeks.

This feature film is a modern adaptation of Shakespeare’s Hamlet.
Our adaptation will be full of action and suspense.
It will be stylish and creative.

The goal of the film is to push our creative limits within our limited resources of time and money.
The goal of the project will be a feature film that can and will win festivals, lead to successful sales and distribution, and serve as a launching pad to the next level of bigger and better things.

We are looking for strong dramatic improvisors.
We are looking for actors that are collaborators.  
We are looking for people with a good and professional attitude, high level of craft, that are looking to make the leap to the next level.

We want to provide a safe, honest environment for our actors and crew to do their best, to be listened to, to learn, and to grow.  Ultimately, we want to create the best film possible.  And we know that we have the technical and creative capability from the film side.  Let’s work together to

We are a professional director and crew.
Check out our work at www.OrigMedia.com
Jeff has produced a feature that went direct to video during his last year of film school at Columbia College.  Now he is ready to direct his first feature.

Please fill out the form here:

Currently casting:

Henry -  The protagonist and hero of the movie.  Henry is in his  20’s or 30’s.  He is athletic and handsome.  Henry is the son of Gertrude and the late Henry Sr.  He is the nephew of  Claude. Henry is melancholy, bitter, and cynical.  He is full of hatred.  Henry also thinks a lot.  Henry is sometimes indecisive and other times impulsive.

Claude -  He is in his 50’s to 60’s and powerful.  Calude is Henry’s uncle and the movie’s antagonist.  Claude is the villain of the movie.  He is a calculating, ambitious man.  Claude is driven by his sexual appetites and his lust for power.  He also has a hint of humanity.  

Gertrude -  Henry’s mother.  She is in her 40’s to 50’s and a beautiful woman.  Gertrude is weak-willed and flighty.  She loves her son, Henry, very much but has low self-esteem and seeks approval from others.

Paul -  An arrogant, conniving man in his 50’s and 60’s. Paul is the father of Larry and Olivia.

Horace -  Henry’s best friend.  Horace is loyal and helpful.  He is in his 20’s to 30’s.

Olivia -  Olivia is Henry’s girlfriend and Paul’s daughter.  She is a beautiful young woman in her 20’s or 30’s.  Olivia is a sweet and innocent young girl, who does what her father, Paul and her brother, Larry tell her to do.  Olivia is sensitive.

Larry -  Paul’s son and Olivia’s brother.  Larry is a young man in his 20’s and 30’s.  Athletic.  Hot-headed.  Short-tempered.  Passionate and quick to action.   Larry is an obstacle for Henry.

Henry Sr. -  Henry Sr. is Henry’s father.  He is in his 50’s to 60’s, intelligent, and handsome.  

Floyd -  A young man in his 20’s or 30’s.  Athletic.  Calculating.  Smart.

Thanks!

Tags: auditions, feature, film, independent

Views: 696

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jeff, I sent you a message through your website, but I was just currious to know if you will be needing a makeup artist for this project.
Thanks,
Lacey Maggio

Aloha,

Where is this filming?

In and around Honolulu.

Shawn Lathrop said:

Aloha,

Where is this filming?

This will be SAG ultra-low budget.

Thanks.

Hi, I have been trying to send my info through the website, but somehow, it doesn't go through.

Is there any other way that I can send my information?

Sorry about that.

You can try to email us at team@origmedia.com.

Please put Audition in the subject line and be sure to put the same info we request in the body of the message so that we can keep it organized.

Hopefully that works.

Thanks.

Eriko Okada said:

Hi, I have been trying to send my info through the website, but somehow, it doesn't go through.

Is there any other way that I can send my information?

Jeff,

Thank you for your reply.  I sent my information to the e-mail address that you gave me. 

I hope you received it, and I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

hi there! i already sent u my email.. hopefully u got it.. thanks! aloha!

This is an exciting project! I sent my audition information through your website.

Mahalo

Anyone heard anything back on this?  Any other information?

Aloha All,

Thank you so much for the wonderful response.  We are currently making the script better and I want to hold off on the auditions.  Please rest assured we have received all of your headshots and resumes via the website.

Please be patient with us as we make this even better.  And I think in the end, it will be a better project for all involved.  

Take care and we will keep you posted once we are ready to move forward again.

Thanks.

-Jeff

Hi Jeff, sounds interesting.  I haven't done any Shakespeare....yet!  Let me know if you'd like me to audition for one of they parts.

Scott

RSS

Hawaii Actors Network hawaiiactors@gmail.com

Welcome to HAN

Badge

Loading…

Trending In Hawaii's Film Industry

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Casting Announcements

Hawai Film Industry Pinterest

Find Hawaii's amazin

Find Hawaii's amazing talent here. Hawaiistalent.com Twitter: @hawaiistalent Teddy Wells Looks into the future of filming in paradise. Film local Hire local Support local. #FilmAloha

Welcome with Aloha |

Welcome with Aloha | Follow HAN Hawaii Actors Network on Facebook

Coffee on the set!

Coffee on the set!

Hawaii's Film Industry Favorite places

Hawaii Film Industry Social Connections

O Magazine

Hawaii Community Media

WATCH LIVE STREAM

Olelo Community Media

Join Us In Celebrating National Volunteer Week On April 21st-27th

“Volunteerism is the voice of the people put into action. These actions shape and mold the present into a future of which we can all be proud.”  ~ Helen Dyer Volunteerism is what ‘Ōlelo Community Media is built upon. For nearly 24 years,  ‘Ōlelo Volunteers have dedicated thousands of hours assisting with community production work, mentoring […]

Youth Xchange Marathon: A New Record, 658 YXC Entries Premiering This Weekend

Gather your students, get your popcorn, sit down and be prepared to be entertained by this year’s ‘Olelo Youth Xchange Video Competition’s  658 amazing entries presented by Sony.  The time will fly by as the students demonstrate their creativity and express their views of the issues facing our state. This year’s record number of entries, […]

‘Olelo Kaimuki Community Media Center Grand Opening

Come see our newest community media center (cmc) at Kaimuki High School on Wednesday, February 27th. This cmc replaces ‘Olelo’s facility at Jarrett Middle School and represents an exciting new partnership with Kaimuki High School and DOE TeleSchool Branch. We hope you can join us in celebrating this new chapter in our service to Oahu […]

Mayoral Inauguration LIVE on ‘Olelo, January 2nd at 10am

‘Olelo Community Media will cablecast the historic joint inauguration of incoming Mayor Kirk Caldwell and newly elected Honolulu City Council members Ikaika Anderson, Ann Kobayashi, Ron Menor, Kymberly Pine and Joey Manahan on Wednesday, January 2nd. The one-hour ceremony will air live on ‘Olelo Channel O‘AHU 55 starting at 10 a.m. It will also be […]

REMEMBRANCE CEREMONY FOR SENATOR DANIEL K. INOUYE ON ‘OLELONET

‘Ōlelo Community Media will cablecast LIVE the public viewing of Senator Daniel K. Inouye as he lies in state at the State Capitol on Saturday, Dec. 22 from 5pm through midnight. According to Governor Abercrombie, at the request of the late Senator Inouye’s family, the cablecast will be aired without commentary. TV Broadcast: Saturday Dec. […]

Tweet Hawaii Actors

Hanovation.com

© 2017   Created by Hawaii Film Industry.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service